Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Saturday, October 25, 2014

The pleasures of driving an art car

Gladys the Art Car by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa
I admit it, I've been dreaming of having a big canvas to create happy art on for quite some time. I don't have a big old barn, in fact I live in a neighborhood with strict rules about what your home must look like, so painting on the house or barn was out. Then, I struck upon the idea of an art car. A mobile canvas that I can continually update as inspiration strikes. And, best yet, everywhere I go, I share my love of happy art. Fear stood in my way for quite a while. Our culture really doesn't support doing anything "weird" to a car. It is considered, first and foremost, an investment.

The good news is that almost EVERYONE smiles when they see Gladys. A very few (like 3 people) have looked miffed. I figure that they don't get it, and smile for them. If you're thinking about sharing your art in this way, I highly encourage it.  Take your time. Find the right car and wait to paint until your creative vision is strong in your mind. Then, have fun! It really is a wonderful way to share love with everyone who sees your car. 

Blessings,
Laura Pallatin
LaBelle Mariposa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!